Refurbished Rugby Clubhouse, Mull
Client: Mull Rugby Club
Working closely with City Architecture, TSL was contracted to refurbish and extend the dilapidated rugby clubhouse on the Isle of Mull. This included improved changing facilities, a kitchen, shop and foyer. These improvements would more accurately reflect the needs of the club, and allow them to hire out the clubhouse for functions and events.
What we did
Our first task was to knock out the front of the clubhouse and install full height doors. These opened up the entire front of the bar area to allow guests to have full use of the inside and outside of the building. Various installations were completed to improve the usability and commercial potential of the building.
• A new kitchen that included new ovens, hobs and equipment necessary for a commercial kitchen
• A shop for the club to sell their merchandise
• New hot water boiler and hot water storage facility
• Upgraded changing rooms, including new heating and benches
• A decked area at the front, which let spectators view the match and easily access the clubhouse
Finally, we provided car parking space for over 100 vehicles.
On time and on budget
This was a community funded project, so effective budget management was crucial. We were delighted to have completed the project within our 12 week estimate.
With City Architecture's know-how and our practical building experience, we worked together closely to resolve previous functional issues, improve energy efficiency and embrace the landscape setting. Options for future development have been 'built-in' to the design and construction.